After Adoption's Big Breakfast
Children & Young People
About the project
After Adoption finds adoptive families for children in the care system, particularly those who are older, have disabilities, or need to be placed with their brothers and sisters. The charity also provides lifelong support to adoptive families, adults who were adopted as children, and birth relatives of those adopted, through counselling, group work, parenting programmes, search and intermediary work, and family days - to help them deal positively with the difference adoption brings to their lives.
After Adoption was founded in Manchester where the Head Office is based.
- Plan and deliver a 'Big Breakfast Campaign'!
- In November, the month of National Adoption Week, you will organise a breakfast at University, in your home or halls of residence, or in your community
- You will invite guests along for a tasty breakfast in return for a donation to the charity
- Anything goes, and your breakfast can be as BIG as you like!
- In semester two you will have the opportunity to organise your own themed spring fundraising event too.
What you can get out of it
- You will develop skills in working as a part of a team, delegating tasks, building relationships and in event planning and management.
- You will gain experience in building relationships with other members of the team, other students, local businesses and the media.
- Experience of the Third Sector and Fundraising
- Support from the After Adoption Fundraising Team based in Manchester.
How to get involved
Contact email@example.com / 0161 275 2828.