Health, Event Management, Arts, Media & Culture
About the project
Every day almost 100 people in the UK will start to lose their sight. This can be an extremely traumatic and uncertain time. RNIB is here to help providing vital support to blind and partially sighted people across all area of life and we need a Manchester University fundraising group to help raise funds to continue to supporting those when they need us the most.
You will get first hand experience of fundraising, project organising and event management by planning and running fun and innovative events across the semester, making a real difference to people's lives. Join the team, gain new skills, have fun and raise a ton!
Activities you could get involved in
Event management and creativity are the focus of this project. Working alongside the RNIB fundraiser you will help with the organisation and running of:
- An art exhibition at Salford Quays
- A flash mob event to launch a new nationwide fundraising event this October/November.
- Organising a wide variety of large and small scale activities and events across the year
What you can get out of it
- First hand experience of organising and running a large scale public event
- Skills in leadership, team working, problem solving, using your initiative and creative thinking
- Experience in events management, fundraising, managing projects and working on behalf of a recognised national charity
- Awareness of sight loss issues and the work of the RNIB
- Opportunity to take part in a national campaign which make a real difference to people's lives
How to get involved
To get involved or for more information, please contact Liz Greenwood on email@example.com / 0161 881 7778